Friday, 3 July 2015

All the Tsar's horses

After what seems like a long time, I got the GNW cavalry finished. Or nearly all of them finished.   
Here's the horses with some of the basing done. I wasn't too sure about some of the chestnuts; they seemed a bit bright, so I gave then a wash of sepia to tone them down.  The bases were painted khaki over a cream undercoat base, drybrushed sand and highlighted in cream.  

Then spread out with the first two Russian cavalry I did placed at the back.  

Then the dragoon chappies themselves plus the flock on the bases.  Incidentally, the horses at the front-left without riders are there because I finished the horses, but the red dragoons have yet to be started.    


And then the flags, and they're looking ready for business.  


Next up for the GNW has to be painting infantry and more infantry.  And Swedish cavalry.  And generals.  And the rest of the Russian cavalry and foot dragoons ...!  

1 comment:

  1. They look absolutely splendid, superb work.
    I may borrow your technique for the horses, I think it looks grand. And it appears to be very easy, my personal favourite :)

    ReplyDelete