Sunday 10 March 2013

And then another little project comes into the frame

A couple of weeks ago I got to play a game of Saga, the dark ages skirmish game. It was a Saxon vs Viking bash using the figures and rules of fellow gamers. It was fun though I did stumble with the mechanisms at first. 

Although it has been said elsewhere that Saga is expensive and gimmicky for what you get, and the game system may have plaigerised from a card-driven game, it was quite simple and fun.

By the end I reckoned I could do something with some Arabic / Andalusian figures that have been lying in box for years - ever since the last time someone suggested a skirmish game.  Hopefully I can get some more paint splashed on some of these figures soon.   


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing these Arabian chaps move forward.Do share the pictures with us.
    best wishes
    Alan

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.