Tuesday 12 April 2022

Do not underestimate the power of the Force

I've had Star Wars Legion for a while (both Empire and Clone Wars sets). I am a Star Wars fan, and specially a fan of the Clone Wars. 

One of the chaps at the club suggested a game as he had the Empire set. As his stuff was painted, I was prompted to splash some paint on my own stuff. 

Here they are. A bit of a mix. First the droids from the Clone Wars set. These guys were a pain to assemble; two-part head, torso, two arms and two legs. I finished them, but with many a muttered sweary-word along the way. 

And the droids beside the Clone troopers. Also in the picture are the droidekas; also a pain to assemble, but looking good once finished. 


Mandalorians for the future. Far easier to assemble these, the Clones and the Stromtroopers. 

And undercoated. At the back right of the tray are some 3d models, some Mandalorians for SWL, but also some Vikings and fantasy stuff.  

First coats of paint. I think I used a sand colour for the battle droids.



These are Stormtroopers from the Empire set. All I can say here is bless the Contrast Paint Apothecary White. 😂  I may add highlights in the future, but at this point they are good enough for a game. 

And the droids done to a reasonable game standard. 

And for the future, I have these (and some more not pictured). I apologise to non-geeks for the next paragraph. 

Left to right there are Madalorians, including Sabine Wren (from Rebels) at the front, Cad Bane (the gunslinger in the hat), at the back a 3D print of Maul, at the front is Anakin, then a part-painted Darth Vader from the Empire set. I used the Contrast Basil Grey here, using more than one coat to get a nice black effect. I'll carry on with that technique to finish the helmet and cloak. And finally at the right, are 3D printed Mandalorians; including some prints of Bo-Katan.  

Next time back to Napoleonics (and maybe more SW geek stuff ...😂)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.