Wednesday 8 January 2020

Back to (the future) posting

I've not posted for a while because we had a lot of family stuff going on. But here we are in a new year and looking ahead to getting back to painting and games.  

Here are some pictures from club games. 

First a couple of shots of a game of Blitzkrieg Commander I did for the 75th anniversary of Kursk. 



The some pictures of a Black Powder 'napoleonic' game using a mix n mash on any and all 28mm figures that players had to hand. It was basically French vs British.  French advancing from the right. 


French occupy the hill top, but a few British units are about to close and open fire. 



The French left advances though takes casualties in it's advance. Eventually the game ended as the French left crumbled and the right flank was losing. 


A shot from a game of Hail Caesar. If I remember, the closest chaps are Rus or similar. The chaps on the other side are Scots isles and highlands.  


Some of my recent reading.  Shortly after I mentioned these, a chap at the club gave me a loan of the book by the poet Keith Douglas, which was a really excellent read.  


Some of my desert games. I was prompted to pull them from the shelves after reading the above books. 


Another game of Hail Caesar. This time, I'm playing with my Wars of Roses figures, pretending to be feudal English. They are the half painted figures at the bottom right. My ally at the top are Russians. 


The opposition. French closest to the bottom. 


A close up view of a chaps Russian infantry. These were painted then 'dipped' with the Army Painter stuff. 


And that's it for now.  A review of 2019 coming up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.