Thursday 9 December 2021

More SYW Austrians

Here's a quick snapshot of more bits n pieces I've done in recent weeks. 

First, the SYW Austrians. I'm trying to progress my 15mm Essex Minis for the SYW. These have been on a tray for a while and I wanted to get them finished. 

The cavalry will be 3 to a base, but to make painting easier, I mount the inner figure on a temporary base while the outer figures are in their final location. 


And now all horses mounted on bases. 



Added the cuirassiers. They were varnished at this point. 


And a bit of flock.



Although I've finished horses for the dragoons, the dragoon figures are still awaiting a final decision on which colour combination to use. 

And then the fate of all toy soldiers; to sleep until their country calls on them.  



In other boxes are the remaining Austrians, Prussians, French and British (and Jacobites). I'll get around to splashing paint on them some time.  

I'll do a separate post on other stuff.  

3 comments:

  1. Nicely done. The faces of the riders could do with a wash to bring out the detail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tamsin.

    I'll do as you suggest and add a wash to the faces. They do very stark in the photo. I should also go back and do all the faces of the infantry and artillery as they'll be the same.

    I think of my painting style for these chaps as basic but tidy, but it could be improved with the odd wash or highlight.

    Thanks, :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on the horses!

    I'd wash these as well Tom, although very light on the saturation with the colour or you might lose the white.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.