Monday 6 December 2021

More on AWI and other stuff

We had a good game of the revamped Muskets and Tomahawks at the house of a friend. A fun game that prompted me to start splashing some paint on these chaps. 



Painting has slightly stalled at this point for now, but I will try to get back to it. 

And you know it was a good game when it leads to buying my own set of rules. I chose the Napoleonic supplement and cards because that's a major interest for me and where I'll do some figures. 


It was interesting that this came out around the same time, so was another purchase. A game followed at a friend's house. 


And 3d silliness continues. I spotted these Dark Ages shield maidens and bought the files. Very nice sculpts, though original prints are at a heroic 36mm scale. 



Here are some rescaled shieldmaiden figures beside one of my infamous unfinished Gripping Beast Saxons. They look good, so I'll add them to my unpainted figures and future projects bundles.  


More later...

2 comments:

  1. I’ve had some really good games with the first edition of M& T. I look forward to hearing how the Napoleonic version plays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alan. I'll try to post pictures of a game.

    The big difference with the new version is it's now D10's.

    I'm also wondering how it will play with Napoleonic units as there likely will be fewer troop types on the table. It's a lot of fun with AWI or French-Indian wars because of the wide variation of troop types.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.