Monday 7 December 2020

Vallejo Paints and split nozzles on dropper bottles

Not posted in a while, so I'll have to start posting more.  Not sure if anyone else has experienced this. 

And this is not really a complaint, but just a moan. I've had a wee problem over the years with the nozzles on Vallejo paints being split. I don't think they've split while I have owned them, and as far as I know, the paint bottles have arrived with split nozzles. 

When I pick up a bottle and give it a shake the paint comes out of the split and into the cap. It's just a bit of a mess; an annoying mess.  

Here are some pictures. Hopefully you can see the extent of the split. 







It's not too many in the grand scheme of things, but I now have 27 with spilt nozzles. So I have moved these paints out to a separate box.  

Here are all of my Vallejo paints, some 450 and more.  I missed a few from this picture.    


I'd like to replace the nozzles.  Does anyone know where to get them? 

I know I can buy complete dropper bottles, and decant the Vallejo paint into those bottles. But it seems a shame to get new bottles instead of just being able to replace the nozzles. 


I'll try to get back to painting and posting soon.  

3 comments:

  1. Just ordered some so I will check for this when they arrived. Good to have you posting once more, what are you working on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alan. I've just had word back from the good people at Vallejo and they are going to send me replacement nozzles.

    Not working on much at all. I'll try to do posts on here. I have a couple of 18mm Napoleonic units on the paint tray. It's strange, but since being semi-retired since July (and now fully retired), I've actually painted very little. Hopefully that will change. I may well try the painting challenge that Ross has joined again.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Join up Tom, you know it makes sense.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.