Friday 18 November 2022

Time to post again - painted German paratroopers ww2 for friend at club

Over recent months, I've painted some figures for friends who don't paint figures. Here are some pictures.

I'm happy painting figures and topics that interest me at the time. The deal with friends is that in return they make a donation to charity; a family related charity is fine, otherwise I ask for a donation to a Cancer charity or to Macmillan. I don't specify an amount; I leave it to my friends to decide what my efforts are worth to them.

German Paratroopers for Bolt Action. 










 

I was a bit daunted in taking on these figures because of the camouflage scheme, but I watched a couple of videos on the YT and it wasn't as difficult as I though. It still took time though.

Here's the process. White undercoat from good old Halfords. Then a thin semi-wash of Miniature Paints sea-green. 

Then the work begins. I started with rhomboid shapes in Vallejo German camo medium brown, then followed up with similar shapes of Camo Light Green. The idea was a very light appearance before a wash of Army Painter Light Tone, just to slightly darken the effect but still leave the camouflage visible. The other idea was to try to make sure no two figures had the same appearance.  





After the camouflage was done, the rest was fairly straighforward WW2 uniform. I followed some guides in that the paratroopers had blue scarves and gas-mask cases, just to hint that the troops were part of the Luftwaffe and not the army.  

Next time more ww2 Germans.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.