Saturday 20 October 2018

And the activity continues - tricornes and more tricornes

After recent forays in bigger figures, I reckoned it was time to get back to 15mm.

First up were the final units for the Great Northern War Swedes. The bases have still to be finished and the flags added, but I'm happy to get to this point. At the top left is a finished unit I used for quick reference. The cavalry at the top right are the Life Guards in their pale blue uniform. The chaps at the front are the traditional Swedes in blue and yellow. I used Miniature Paints for the blue and yellow. Mid-blue for the coats and canary yellow for the facings. Nice and bright, and looks good across the table.   



And after a long time, I'm getting back to the Seven Years War Austrians. I want to see if I can finish enough to do a decent scenario of Austria vs Prussia with these chaps.  


Finally, some pictures from a recent Black Powder game at a friend's house. Napoleonic British vs French in the Peninsula.  In 15mm.   






A group of us have now got the Black Powder 2 rules.  We've had some great games with BP1 and hopefully BP2 will be just as good. 


I'll do a critique of BP2 later. I think the rules are still good, but I feel the physical production of BP2 is disappointing compared to BP1.  BP2 has typos and bits that are bad to read. The layout has changed a bit and it seems to have been rushed. Disappointing when it could have been so much better. 


More later …  

1 comment:

  1. Pity, the second edition should be an improvement and benefit from the growth of the company since its first launch.

    Game looks good btw and great to see people using 15mm for BP as well.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.