Monday 4 October 2021

Some more ramblings from the world of 3D printing

Here are some views of other stuff I've done. Some good, some bad, some were just good ideas at the time - a bit like buying metal and plastic miniatures and rulesets. 

A combined picture of some 6mm American civil war and a 1750's British infantryman for AWI or French and Indian Wars.  At the right of the picture are some ACW infantry I boosted to 10/12mm in the software.  


Here is the British infantryman beside a Perry miniature from their plastic AWI range. Quite good size-wise. 


And painted up. Not bad at all. I could be critical about the footwear and some minor bits, but the chap is OK. I got a full set of these chaps; marching, advancing, firing etc. along with usual command figures. 



Some paint splashed on to the ACW figures. They came out OK.  




A bit of wonderful silliness. This is the kind of figure I've seen in passing and thought - why not. I also got skeletons for a possible Dragon Rampant type game. 



Some tanks. These are 1:200 scale but can be up or down scaled I did these as a test to see if I could revisit a Kursk project at a scale smaller than 15mm, perhaps 10mm. They came out OK when painted. 






I think I'm discovering that the same attraction in normal miniatures, is just the same in 3D; the desire to get some new figures and pick up whatever catches the eye. But that's now changing, a bit. 

That's it for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.