Wednesday 6 January 2021

Back to painting

I've not painted anything for a long time, but after a friend mentioned DBA, I decided to have a look in my unpainted DBA box.  

First the box, and in here are Indians, Persians, Greeks and Gauls/Galatians. I decided to start the Indians. 

Here the first flesh paint has been applied. In the centre are two stands of Hordes where I tried the GW Contrast paints. I was pleasantly surprised by the result and I will use them again, selectively.  The other figures were painted with my usual thin semi-wash of flesh with an umber wash on top.  

And this is the stage I've reached. I've tidied up the sarong with a pale flesh colour that looks like unbleached cloth and then added some white. In the bottom picture, I've applied the colours to the horses; again a thin semi-wash so that the paint flows easily in to folds and muscles. Next for the horses will be to add a black or dark wash to the fetlocks, mane and tail.




And that's it for now.  Though one other thing I've found is that my back was starting to ache after a while. I am a bit older, but I think I will have to look at my painting setup and my posture, and try to make sure that painting remains a relaxing and enjoyable part of the hobby for me. 


1 comment:

  1. Great start to a new project Tom. Look at the set up of your painting table as if you were doing a DSE assessment, the same rules generally apply to table height, chair and posture. Take breaks to move your back about every hour to, I know that I have to.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.